At the beginning of the week I ended fixing multiple bugs just by changing one little thing, when I check if the menus/UI is enabled/disabled I set the game Time.timeScale to 0 , this was causing a wide variety of issues: The time counter was starting before expected, for example: The time left to complete a level was running through the GameOver screen even if … Continue reading Learning Game Dev #3: Fixing bugs, development mode, UI, Lists vs Arrays, and renaming GameObject instances
Apple publishing process, and getting an app ID This process was a bit convoluted, but overall took around an hour to be completed. In order to share my app with other users for testing via TestFlight, or put it in the Apple store (even if is for free) I need an app ID, and this only comes once your part of Apple Developer Program. As … Continue reading Learning Game Dev #2: Apple ID, Unity Ads, Ghost scripts, Awake vs Start, level switcher, and scope.
I though would be interesting to keep track of the blockers I found this week when developing my snake-lookalike mini game project , some may find a solution to a current problem they’re having, and I may be helpful for myself in the future as well. Continue reading Learning Game Dev #1: OnPointer vs Mouse, Orthographic camera, deltaTime, and 2D Sprites.
An Unity 2D remake of the classic Snake game for iOS and Android, with a twist. Continue reading Ngu Update #1: A twist to the classic Snake game
This last week I couldn’t invest much time in Panda Hell (~7h total) however I could move forward a bit in the A* pathfinding implementation , so enemies act smarter. At the moment the script analyzes the terrain that has been generated and sets a layer mask on top which differentiates the terrain in either walkable or non-walkable. You can see here the layer mask … Continue reading Panda Hell update #10: The wonders and miseries of not having enough time