A common problem when working with Pixel Art for your games adapting your graphics for different screen sizes. Here’s how to fix Pixel Art for iOS games.
At the beginning of the week I ended fixing multiple bugs just by changing one little thing, when I check if the menus/UI is enabled/disabled I set the game Time.timeScale to 0 , this was causing a wide variety of issues: The time counter was starting before expected, for example: The time left to complete a level was running through the GameOver screen even if the UI was not updated, so when you started a new game, some time went […]
Apple publishing process, and getting an app ID This process was a bit convoluted, but overall took around an hour to be completed. In order to share my app with other users for testing via TestFlight, or put it in the Apple store (even if is for free) I need an app ID, and this only comes once your part of Apple Developer Program. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, you’ll get access to App Store Connect , […]
I though would be interesting to keep track of the blockers I found this week when developing my snake-lookalike mini game project , some may find a solution to a current problem they’re having, and I may be helpful for myself in the future as well.
Categories: C#, Development Diaries, Game Development, Uncategorized, Unity • Tags: game development, game programming, gamedev, indie game development, indiedev, indiegame, madewithunity, pixel art, unity
Before going deeper into the new features I have added this week, here’s a quick video of the current status (captions pointing some features): Procedural generation script Last week I decided to take a detour in the current development and move from a random generated level system to a procedural generated one. I really believed this could take me at least a few weeks but actually was “simpler” than expected, as there’s lots of case studies in internet where you […]